- Où ?
- Besançon (25 - Doubs - Franche-Comté)
- Quoi ?
The goal of the mission, with a collaborative approach, is to develop global solidarity actions, cultural and linguistic exchanges that will allow the students to appreciate modern world issues. The volunteer’s interactions with the students and other community members will take place in English, with the objective of developping the English speaking of students. The volunteer will always work in collaboration with a teacher or another community member.
- Collaborating in class : presenting his/her home country, participating in helping with homework, intervening in History, Geography and Civic Education classes focusing on themes related to internationalism and solidarity, intervening in the FabLab . . .
- Favorising the young people’s engagement through the implementation of international solidarity actions.
- Co-facilitating, in the form of intercultural conferences, cultural discussions or other programs, exchanges within the educational community focusing on the themes of environmental, economic or sanitary issues from an international perspective.
- Co-facilitating recreational, creative or athletic workshops inspired by the volunteer’s culture.
- Helping with seeking out an educational institution in a European country in order to develop connections between students in both schools. This partnership will lead to an international school voyage at the end of junior high school.
The volunteer will be free to propose any activity that will serve to develop the students’ use of English, in relation to international development, humanitarian aid and any other related area.
The mission will involve all of the institution’s students, with an emphasis on the junior high students.
- Quand ?
- À partir du 4 novembre 2019 (8 mois, 24 h/semaine)
- Quel domaine ?
- Combien de postes disponibles ?
- Quel organisme ?
- Groupe scolaire ste samille-ste ursule
- Le lieu de la mission est accessible aux personnes à mobilité réduite ?
- La mission est accessible aux mineurs dès 16 ans ?
T : 03 81 52 99 51
Adresse33, rue Brulard
Activités : The Sainte-Famille Sainte-Ursule school group is a school system including a preschool/elementary school, a junior high school and a vocational high school as well as a boarding house for high school students. It is all located in a green park, just ten minutes away from downtown by tramway.
The objective of the institution is to develop language learning, especially for the students to be orally bilingual by the end of junior high school. In parallel, the school group wishes to emphasize its international orientation.
The volunteer will be provided with housing (a room with a separate individual bathroom) situated in the institution’s boarding house.
Meals will be provided to the volunteer from Monday morning to midday on Friday. At the end of the week (from Friday evening to Sunday evening) the volunteer can eat on-site (refrigerator, microwave…)
The volunteer will be invited to discover the region with community members who will take care of him/her on certain weekends.